http://www.perlmonks.org?node_id=1089550


in reply to Re: CGI::Appl can't find sub
in thread CGI::Appl can't find sub

Thanks for the feedback. There are 4 perl modules with 3500 lines of code that I'm not familiar with. I have tried disabling various pieces, but there are many dependencies. I'll take another pass at minimizing the code.

I am using strict and warning. I added "use B::lint". I also tried "perl -MO=Lint,all myprogram". Thanks for suggesting perlcritic. I wasn't aware of that. It did not turn up anything that seems significant with a warning level of 3. I might try a more detailed pass.

Here is the single line, that when commented out everything works fine:

my $ret2 = &CCC::DDD::setCAlist($self->param(CA_list));

The subroutine it is in already had the following call just a few lines above the line I added and everything works fine.

my $ret = &CCC::DDD::init($cfg_file,$repfp,0);

I was hoping that someone had seen this exact error in a similar calling scenario or suggestions on additional tools and debug methods. I didn't expect a full analysis given only an outline. It seems like a syntax or scope issue in existing code, not a problem in that one line to call CC::DD::setCAlist(), but I am new to perl.