|laziness, impatience, and hubris|
Running interactive SSH session in windowsby srinidhi27 (Initiate)
|on Aug 24, 2019 at 07:53 UTC||Need Help??|
srinidhi27 has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
Team, i know this has been in discussion for long time. But i haven't got an answer searching entire web since yesterday. I need to run series of commands in windows after logging to an server running SSH server.
The problem is as you might have guessed being interactive.....I can run one of commands bby lot of methods.. I will list what i have tried so that people can suggest something i don't know.
1. Net::SSH2 -- not supported in windows
2. Net:OpenSSH -- again not supported in windows
3. Install openSSH in widnows itself and using System and backticks to run dos commands. Yes Openssh can be installed in windows
without cgywin environment a discovery i made yesterday.
4. IPC::Cmd, a tool similar to using system command but doesn't provide interactive session. Everytime you run new terminal session is spawned.
5. Ofcourse tried plain system and exec and backticks also turned futile. Worked liked a charm for single command run and shutoff.
6. IPC::Session, not avaiable in Active Perl i use and don't know how to install it currently. Supposedly provides for interactive session using terminal. Not been able to get it working..
7. plink tool is also good failing to work even when list of commands is fed to it externally. Cisco Box i am trying to SSH to is throwing illegal characters error. Weird right?
Any leads is appreciated..