|P is for Practical|
Re^2: How to deliver a perl application to a client?by xcodejoy (Novice)
|on Oct 20, 2019 at 18:07 UTC||Need Help??|
Thanks for answer.
I'm working on a scraper using Web::Scraper
It will be small script. But, the predictability of the behavior of this script at the customer side is very important.
My solution is to write a bash-script that will do:
1. Create new user for executing the application (on client's machine).
2. Install "perlbrew" and "cpanm" (under new user rights).
3. Install correct Perl version (under perlbrew for this new user).
4. Install (via cpanm) all Perl modules for my project (correct version).
5. Extract my application.
6. Perform test run and show results.
Is it correct way?