Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays fellow Monks!
I've released v1.30 of berrybrew as a Christmas gift to our Windows Perlers.
It's a significant release, here's a list of the most noteworthy additions:
- Added a UI, runs out of the System Tray, allows installing, removing and switching Perls using a button
- Added new associate command, allowing berrybrew to manage .pl file associations
- Added berrybrew-refresh command, to be run after switching perls. No more having to re-open command line windows
- If a newer point release of a major version is introduced, we now seamlessly integrate installed previous point-releases into the Perls available
- Configuration options are now based in the Windows Registry
- Added new options command, allows changing configuration options at runtime
- We now supply a bb command, which is simply a short-hand form for berrybrew
- Greatly enhanced the self-extracting installer
- Much more precise handling of the PATH environment variable
- More graceful handling of exceptions
- Added info command which displays various internal directory path information
- Added new hidden/developer commands
Please have a read of my blog post for the full announcement details.