I thought, that I did 'git config --global core.quotepath false', but it didn't change anything, then, I started trying to figure out how to do it in perl.
Now, since you've wrote about it, I went to 'git config --global -l' to get a copy of that parameter for a proof and it wasn't there.
How could it be, I remember, that I did it. I've looked at the command history and found 'git config --global --get core.quotepath false'. :), so I've forgot to remove --get parameter from the previous git command, when typing this one.
At first, I thought, I've wasted so much time, because of this little mistake, but then, I've figured, no, this escaped string has bugged me before and, finally, I've found a solution to it, so, I was diverted from the original problem, but didn't waste any time.
P.S.: "Also, that reminds me of... :)"
...Yes, this unicode thing still haunts me. I still can't tackle it completely. There is so much documentation on it. I read it occasionally, but can't read it all in one, or even 10 seats :). Also, much of the stuff gets forgotten over time, but little by little, I refine my unicode knowledge. That post helped me to understand, that not everything can be unicode. Files have to be bytes internally, only convert them to unicode, when outputting to the screen.