- Type 'perldoc perl' from command line and explore the topics. There are good tutorials, also!
- Pick a small program you wrote in another 'C' style language and try converting it to Perl.
- Explore The Perl Cookbook for sample code on many topics.
- Use an online tutorial like the Tutorials Point Perl Tutorial, which includes a "Try It!" console. Includes Perl Regular Expression tutorial, also.
- Explore The Monestary. Review the solutions to posted questions, and experience how with Perl, TIMTOWTDI!
Perl, like any other language, takes time to learn, and even longer to explore the really deep facets of Perl. But, keep at it, and we hope our suggestions help you along the way.