in reply to Failed to build POE::Compondent::SSLify
Looking at "CPAN Testers Matrix: POE-Component-SSLify 1.012", failure appears to be the norm rather than the exception.
- "linux" platforms (what you're running) appear to have had only about 50% success up to Perl v5.18 and mostly failures in later versions.
- "*bsd" platforms appear to have been generally successful up to Perl v5.18 and mostly failures in later versions.
- Other platforms, in the main, report poor results.
"Is this a bug?"
I've just checked this for you in "Active bugs for POE-Component-SSLify":
- I find you raised a bug about a week ago: "Bug #118548 for POE-Component-SSLify: Fails to build: Failed test 'SERVER: SSLify_Options Can't locate auto/Net/SSLeay/". Why didn't you report this in your post?
- I also find a very similar bug report with a patch from about a year and a half ago: "Bug #104493 for POE-Component-SSLify: Tests fail with Can't locate auto/Net/SSLeay/CTX_v3_new.al". I suggest you look into this.
I haven't investigated further.