Clear questions and runnable code
get the best and fastest answer
Re: [OT] HTTP downloads and cachingby syphilis (Chancellor)
|on Mar 25, 2017 at 10:28 UTC||Need Help??|
This upstream malware attack has recurred again today, starting nearly 24 hours ago - same site, different files.
This time I'm seeing that the "query string" solution is still working, but it doesn't clear the cache.
My problem is that:
installs an older version of the Cairo ppm package than is currently on the server.
It accesses an outdated (non-existent) Cairo.ppd, and installs outdated (non-existent) binaries.
Out of curiosity I tried:
but the ppm utlity croaks on that. Besides, it still would have installed the cached binaries.
I haven't tried wget --no-cache yet as that cleared the cache last time.
Instead, I've decided to leave the cache uncleared in case it helps my ISP (who I've contacted again) remove the malware.
My ISP did not respond last time ... let's see what happens this time.
This update is largely for my own records - but I'm also submitting it in case someone has something to add.