I don't know exactly what the problem is, but stopped as soon as I saw this:
@EXPORT = qw(
$VERSION = '0.0.1';
There is all manner of wrong with that. Add use strict; and use warnings; to that code.
- you can't have a ; in the middle of a quote-words (qw), unless you truly mean it to be there. qw() literally means "quote each item as a word"
- you have no our before @EXPORT
- you don't have a semi-colon after the instantiation of the @EXPORT array
- you open the qw with a parens, but close with a brace
- you can't interpolate variables in qw()
- if this isn't your real code, please do post it.
Lastly, use @EXPORT_OK instead of @EXPORT wherever possible, so you don't pollute other namespaces needlessly.