Gosh. Thanks for the long reply.
It's actually one installation of PERL on the shared server, but when a user uses the cPanel to install a "private" module, (such as PDF::AP12) it gets places within a "perl/perl5" of that user.
On cpanel instructions, it says use "usr/bin/perl" or "usr/bin/perlml"
But it's academic. The script finds my installed modules within the other folder, and works fine. (Mind you, I didn't help the situation by unloading the files as DOS! Whereas "Filezilla" will auto correct, appears cpanel Filemanager does not!) (Now tring to find a way to recognise the CRLF at the end of scripts
I used "File::Find::Rule" to reiterate through all the *.pl files on the server, then chmod to set to 705. Can't believe it took less than a second to go through 200+ files in numerous sub domains to set them all! (I mention it as I'm NOW writing a script to open first line of files, check end, and if wrong, THEN open the entire file, do substitute, and resave ... if I can get grep to recognise the \n\r !!