I finally got around to doing a decent update to berrybrew.
- Perls listed with berrybrew available are now listed in numerical, descending version order (again... this was a regression)
- Added new all subcommand to berrybrew fetch. This allows you to fetch the list of *all* available Strawberry Perls (there's over 100!). Previously, we would only fetch and list the most recent minor version number within each major version. (The standard and existing berrybrew fetch without the new arg doesn't change its previous behaviour)
Important bug fixes:
- Fixed issue where when using berrybrew fetch and there were orphaned Perls, we weren't auto-registering them as "custom"
- Fixed issue when a user attempted to register a single custom Perl more than once, it was throwing an exception
As always, if you decide to try it and/or upgrade, please let me know of any issues, or simply open a ticket.
Official Changes log.
berrybrew <command> [subcommand] [option]
available List available Strawberry Perl versions and which are
clean * Remove all temporary berrybrew files
clone Make a complete copy of a Perl installation
config Add berrybrew to your PATH
exec * Run a command for every installed Strawberry Perl
fetch * Update the list of Strawberry Perl instances available
install Download, extract and install a Strawberry Perl
off Disable berrybrew perls (use 'switch' to re-enable)
register Manually register a custom installation directory
remove Uninstall a Strawberry Perl
switch Switch to use a different Strawberry Perl
unconfig Remove berrybrew from PATH
upgrade Performs a safe upgrade. Requires Git installed
use * Use a specific Strawberry Perl version temporarily
help Display this help screen
license Show berrybrew license
version Displays the version
* - view subcommand details with 'berrybrew <command> help'
ps. Thanks again to pryrt for his previous work along side myself, and for reporting both bugs and feature requests!
Update: I even had to break rank and ask for help elsewhere, because berrybrew is written in C#. Needed quick help on how to sort order lets just say an array of hashes, where hashes are keys with values of objects. In Perl, meh, two lines of code. In C#, it's nowhere near as fun.
I put up an SO post for the basics, but even still, that was simple. I still had to muck around and figure out how to sort by value of a key of a List of Dictionaries, where the list is List<Dictionary<string, object>>.
I hacked at that and got it to do what is needed, but I'm certain it isn't ideal by any strech. C, Perl, Python, C++ I can do, but this .Net and C# stuff I need some guidance. Needless to say, if there are any C# people here, the berrybrew project could seriously use your help for some code review, at minimum :D.