The world needs Perl to:
1. Interact with SQL databases.
2. Work with Linux.
3. Do something (with, about, for, etc) Python.
4. Interact with MySQL databases.
5. Provide the Common Gateway Interface.
6. Match regular expressions.
7. Process each item in a list.
8. Expand through modules.
It sounds like you want a Perl version of a PhP based LAMP stack. Or something to compete with other Content Management Systems like Drupal or Wordpress.
I think the Perl community decided a long time ago to NOT compete with PhP, because PhP was specifically designed for the Common Gateway Interface, making it unsuitable for the general purpose work which Perl excels at.