in reply to Tkx not installing properly
- probably this is 32/64 bit not linking together;
- but you better switch to BAWT binaries of tcl/tk, which is alternative to ActiveTCL
- also Tkx is not recommended, because its syntax too much noisy and requires full rewrite.
- suggested by chrstphrchvz Tcl::pTk is probably most easy transition, and probably the best advice in your particular case
- another way is to use Tcl::Tk which is small sufficient and gives you perl/Tk syntax, but requires more changes to your already existing perlTk code