Only 1 percent of the people here can see things at your level of clarity. The other 99 percent will not understand you.
I disagree with most of this statement. What information do you have that only 1% of the PM population can understand things at Merlyn
's level of clarity? Did you take a poll? You cite it as if it were fact when it should be labeled more as an opinion. I don't think that Merlyn
was downvoted because of a person's inability to understand what he was saying but more so to the perceived abrasive tone of his writing (short and to the point can seem like you're calling a person stupid). I have seen much improvement in Merlyn
's writing (as far as his short and to the point posts, we all know he can write a great article) since I joined PM. Merlyn
has gained my respect and admiration as a person that I can learn from.
I'm a little disconcerted with your wording in the final paragraph. I'm really bothered by it. It almost seems like a putdown to those whom you think can't understand. I'm wondering what that would look like to an individual who is just starting out in Perl.