This is not a response to your post, but instead a response
to your behaviour. If you practice things that are in clear
contradiction of what you preach, You Will Be Called
- Re: What is it about perl that makes perl so cool? "Perl is nice to look at. It's quite unlike any other language out there and beautiful to read."
- Re: Perl Resolutions "Avoid engaging in flame wars, especially language wars. The right tool for the right job!"
- Re: Just a thought "There are at least 5-6 things that I HATE about any and every language I've ever used..."
- Re: Re: Perl's warts "And just one more thing I can't help but comment on...use Python for large projects? eek...I started testing Python out by doing (or starting to do) a new client of mine's site with Python. I got severely turned off by the syntactic whitespace when a.) I indented one line with a tab and the next line with spaces and the compiler complained (a completely invisible error), and b.) I downloaded what I thought would be a reusable form mailer Python program, only to find out when I got it that the indentation was all messed up, rendering the code useless. I can't imagine how much my paranoia would increase if I was dealing with a 20,000 - 50,000 line Python code base."
- Re: Re: Perl and Java "By the way ... but we can we waste slightly MORE time comparing language XYZ to Perl?"
- Re: Re: Perl and Java "Views of 'this language sucks' or 'that OS sucks' are a dime a dozen. How many more dead horses need to be beaten?"
- Re: Changing owner of files: Windows vs Linux (or Why I hate Windows) "dismissing the good points of any tool ... because you found something that sucked is a sign that you probably haven't taken the time to match the tool against the task or you're being overzealous."
- IRC vs. Newsgroups vs. Web Forums "Has anyone else 'had it' with all the (flame|holy)wars going on?"
- Re: Stubborn as a Saint "If you want to get a good idea of someone's technical ability follow their writings!"
- Re: Choose the most powerful language "I've been shown a reason to change the way I think."
- Re: Concurrency : FORK and knife "Consider lurking for a little while longer to see how things work around The Monastary before you post again."
Take it easy man, you can't learn 10 years of good
programming skills in 2.