I am a core member of Paris.pm and Lyon.pm, where some of us try to obfuscate even the simpliest things. We also decided that it was too difficult for us to distinguish between the two blue camels; so we named them Fido & Amelia.
I translated chapters 3 to 9 of Amelia in French for O'Reilly France. (tortue translated chapters 10 to 14.) I'm also writing Perl articles (in French) for GNU/Linux Magazine France. Recently, I worked on the French translation of Perl Best Practices
We created the non-profit organization Les Mongueurs de Perl to do something about the popularity of Perl in France, and in French speaking countries. Check Mongueurs to see all the french-speaking monks I know of.
I am the author of Log::Procmail, WWW::Gazetteer::HeavensAbove, HTTP::Proxy, Acme::MetaSyntactic, Net::Proxy and part of the small team that used to work on Games::Golf (but that last project sort of failed). I am also a big fan of libwww-perl, but that's probably because I looked too much at the code...
My recent pet projet is Pod::POM::View::HTML::Filter, which let's one apply stacks of filters to the content of a =begin/=end block. The monthly articles written by Les Mongueurs de Perl are rendered with it.
Runner-up at the 4th Obfuscated Perl Contest (category "Make believe you are another language"), I planned to make even better for the 5th. And in some ways, I did, being the most cited individual in the awards and ending 3rd ex-æquo with myself -- 4 times!
To make a short story shorter: Perl Golf rules!
A few nodes here were savagely obfuscated by me:
Some time ago I longed for Separated JAPH/Obfuscation sections. Well, I know JAPH have their use, but it's time someone sets them apart from pure, artistic obfuscation.
I attended every YAPC::Europe, every French Perl Workshop and every OSCON Europe to date.
- I did attend YAPC::Europe 2000 along with stefp, grinder and tortue. And gave a lightning talk on obfuscation.
- YAPC::Europe 2001 in Amsterdam with OeufMayo, sniper, tortue and a few other Paris mongueurs and gave two talks there. Alas, grinder couldn't come. Anyway, you can have a look at my talks' slides.
- I gave two lightning talk at YAPC::Europe 2002 in Munich. One about what became WWW::Gazetteer::HeavensAbove and the other about Les Mongueurs de Perl.
- In 2003, I was part of the team who organised YAPC::Europe 2003. Pink is all my fault!
- During YAPC::Europe 2004, I caused the famous "fishnet incident"...
- The climax of the YAPC::Europe 2005, was when several French mongers jumped on stage wearing fishnets. I wowed that would be my last encounter with fishnets ever!
- By YAPC::Europe 2006, I had found my purpose in YAPC Europe: silly auctions. During the 2006 auction, I sold my arms.
- For YAPC::Europe 2007, I'll have some new tatoos. :-)
Nodes of interest:
|Perl (here)||Perl (elsewhere)||Obfuscation|
That's enough for now, but you can always try and reach me at book(at)mongueurs.net...
-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----|
GCS/IT d++$(-) s: a- C++ UBL++ P!+++>++++ L++ E--- W++ N o+ K- w O? M- V PS PE- Y+ PGP t+ 5? X R !tv b++>+++ DI+ D+ G e+++ h>--- r++>+++ y?
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
-----BEGIN PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK-----|
P++c--P6-R+++M+>++O++MA++E++PU+BD C++D--(!)S-X?WP++>+++MO++PP!n-CO+PO o++++G++A-OLC+Ee---Ev+Eon+Eot-uL+uB+w m!
------END PERL GEEK CODE BLOCK------