||Jul 10, 2003 at 02:52 UTC
(16 years ago)
||Jan 17, 2005 at 07:06 UTC
(14 years ago)
|Location:||West Chester, PA|
May 22, 2019 at 20:52 EDT
|For this user:||Search nodes|
I learned perl at a course at the source (BTL) more years ago than I care to remember. I use perl for just about everything from dynamically building web sites to generating mainframe reports to turning on the coffee pot. I parse dreams with regular expressions. I thought it was about time to contribute to the community of the monastery after reading around many times.
- <s>have taken up space at the local phone company for 26 years as the resident geek</s> job sent offshore, I decided to stay in America
- <s>re-entered</s> full-time in the academic world after a three decade anti-sabbatical
- a day without writing at least a thousand lines of code is an empty day (last happened about a three decades ago)
- write a great deal of perl on my laptop which includes the usual tools - Apache, perl, python...
- working on an improved METAR (encoded aviation weather reports) decoder module