>> feel free to clean up that section list at the top anytime
> Could you please elaborate on that.
It's the only thing that bugs me about Perlmonk's otherwise perfect utilitarian design (vroom++). I think pipes are problematic separators there because capitalized text has a lot of vertical lines, so it looks cluttered, compared to something like bullet points:
Log in • Create a new user • The Monastery Gates • Super Search • Seekers of Perl Wisdom • Meditations • PerlMonks Discussion • Obfuscation • Reviews • Cool Uses For Perl • Perl News • Q&A • Tutorials • Poetry • Recent Threads • Newest Nodes • Donate • What's New
• When the line breaks are removed the menu wraps smoothly (as shown here).
• Turning off text-decoration (underline) on links would clean up the menu and modernize the look of the entire site.
• Maybe integrate the monkquip with the blue page header. I think it wants to be under "PerlMonks" or over the search box or in its own blue <tr>.
• Need Help?? One question mark.
Thanks for all you do, and keep up the good work on Perlmonks!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||