I'm sure that I'm missing some, but here goes...
Hide and Seek
- Where's my lane? (played on snow covered roads)
- Where's the road? (played during snow storms or blowing snow. For extra challenge, play at night)
- Where's my car 1? (played after the snow removal guys have towed your car to some unknown location)
- Where's my car 2? (played in large parking lots, after snow has covered all cars.
Persons with car beepers are not allowed to play.)
- Can I start my car? (on very cold mornings)
- Should I leave my car running all day, or will I run out of gas? (variation of above)
- Looking cool. (How long can I survive without my hat/gloves and winter coat
because they don't flatter my image.
- Popular game among young adults and teens.)
- 4-way Stop ( ... or 'Is that fool able to stop or should I just let
him slide through the intersection before proceeding?')
- Pass snow-plow on highway.
- Drive with all-season tires. (s/all-season/no-season/ because they
ain't good in summer, ain't good in winter)
- Sidewalk walking.
- Moving snow...
- out of driveway
- off of car
- off of street leading to center of road which may be plowed.
- Watch snow-removal operations.
- Watch people attempt to drive up steep hills. (played when streets are snow covered)
- Rent movies set in warm countries, and whine.
- Complain to others about how cold it is, but always remember a time when it has been colder.
- Laugh at other cities who come to a screeching halt when snow accumaltion exceeds 3cm.
- Use common greeting "S'cold eh?".
Update: added a few more.
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.