Who would have time to answer the following questions for an interview prepration? Answer the one you feel like , I am trying to collect different answers.
1. What arguments do you frequently use for the Perl interpreter and w
+hat do they mean?
2. What does the command ‘use strict’ do and why should you use it?
3. What do the symbols $ @ and % mean when prefixing a variable?
4. What elements of the Perl language could you use to structure your
+code to allow for maximum re-use and maximum readability?
5. What are the characteristics of a project that is well suited to Pe
1. Why do you program in Perl?
2. Explain the difference between my and local.
3. Explain the difference between use and require.
4. What’s your favorite module and why?
5. What is a hash?
6. Write a simple (common) regular expression to match an IP address,
+e-mail address, city-state-zipcode combination.
7. What purpose does each of the following serve: -w, strict, -T ?
8. What is the difference between for & foreach, exec & system?
9. Where do you go for Perl help?
10. Name an instance where you used a CPAN module.
11. How do you open a file for writing?
12. How would you replace a char in string and how do you 13. store th
+e number of replacements?
14. When would you not use Perl for a project?
20050404 Unconsidered by Corion: Was considered by gmax: EDIT - remove code tags and reparent under Interview Questions (edit:20 keep:6 del:2)
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.