I've discovered Catalyst recently too, and I must say that it's amazing to speed up your Web app development.
I used to work with an inhouse MVC framework that enabled me to produce stable app quite fast.
I stopped using it now in favour of Catalyst.
- First it's elegant ! it's a MVC Framework which fullfill all my needs in a simple way, while being easy to modify.
- The helpers allow you to unleash your lazyness, producing a lot of code (I hardly can call it a skeleton, as it's rather a complete application in the case of Catalyst::Helper::Controller::Scaffold)
- The included HTTP::Server is a big win for rapid prototyping/test (But using Catalyst on 'real' Web Server like Apache isn't a problem and is even the common practice)
- You're not tied to any technology for model or view components
- The Perl automated tests framework is used and promoted.
- And best of all the community is very responsive and answer all your questions on the #catalyst channel.
You don't have to believe me, but if you have some time just give it a try...
"Only Bad Coders Code Badly In Perl" (OBC2BIP)
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||