Beefy Boxes and Bandwidth Generously Provided by pair Networks
go ahead... be a heretic

comment on

( #3333=superdoc: print w/replies, xml ) Need Help??

I highly suggest that before you start deciding how to proceed, including as to whether you need to find a contact, or if the whois record is sufficient, you talk to a lawyer. A real one. One with at least a bit of internet experience. Of course, this would likely cost you a few hundred dollars, just to talk to them.

DMCA doesn't apply: there is no copy protection scheme that Perlmonks has bypassed, nor is Perlmonks lacking a proper license to redistribute your posts. You cannot rescind your authorisation here any more than you can rescind your authorisation for your local paper to distribute a letter to the editor that you sent in and now regret.

I am not aware of what private personal information that you might refer to, other than your name, but, again, you signed in with that originally. Perlmonks did not go looking for it, you posted it of your own free will. If Perlmonks is somewhere distributing information that you have not personally entered into its database by virtue of submitting it, please share. And note that Perlmonks is also not responsible for the posts of its users, so if some nitwit, not acting on behalf of perlmonks, has posted private information (which I doubt, but I could easily have missed it - I've not been paying attention to most of the drama), that is not something you can sue Perlmonks over.

Further, should you take to trolling, you may want to talk to your lawyer about that as well. After all, that could be construed as harassment, and that is, unlike copyright violation, an actual crime (as opposed to a civil complaint). Again, I don't expect The Powers That Be to respond with their own legal action (unless perhaps it's a countersuit - you really don't want to open that can of worms and then antagonise the situation with trolling, most judges won't look kindly on that, even without a countersuit), instead dealing with trolling as always: through technology. However, your lawyer should advise you to what legal action you open yourself to with your actions, and I suggest you listen to your lawyer.

As always, I Am Not A Lawyer. And, even if I were, I Would Not Be Your Lawyer. Hire one who would be your lawyer, and then listen to them.

Seriously, either shape up and be a productive member of the site, or cut your losses. You're only making things worse for yourself.

In reply to Re: Is this the correct address? by Tanktalus
in thread Is this the correct address? by Logicus

Use:  <p> text here (a paragraph) </p>
and:  <code> code here </code>
to format your post; it's "PerlMonks-approved HTML":

  • Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
  • Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
    <code> <a> <b> <big> <blockquote> <br /> <dd> <dl> <dt> <em> <font> <h1> <h2> <h3> <h4> <h5> <h6> <hr /> <i> <li> <nbsp> <ol> <p> <small> <strike> <strong> <sub> <sup> <table> <td> <th> <tr> <tt> <u> <ul>
  • Snippets of code should be wrapped in <code> tags not <pre> tags. In fact, <pre> tags should generally be avoided. If they must be used, extreme care should be taken to ensure that their contents do not have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor intervention).
  • Want more info? How to link or or How to display code and escape characters are good places to start.
Log In?

What's my password?
Create A New User
Domain Nodelet?
and the web crawler heard nothing...

How do I use this? | Other CB clients
Other Users?
Others rifling through the Monastery: (2)
As of 2022-10-05 05:14 GMT
Find Nodes?
    Voting Booth?
    My preferred way to holiday/vacation is:

    Results (20 votes). Check out past polls.