Among my personal favoutite things about emacs are
- the query replace functions
- ediff (I can't say eough good things about this) - lets
you do interactive diffs/merges on 2 or three files.
Diffs are shown in different colors.
- the comment aligning functions in most programming
major modes. M-;
- the way the tab key works. In text mode it aligns to
the start of words in the line above, which makes colums
really easy to do. In most programming modes it reindents
the curent line. And it always does consistant formatting
of the white space when you hit the tab key (i.e. it converts
as many spaces at the begining to tabs as possible and fills
the rest with space characters.
- You can convert all tabs to spaces if you want
And various other wonderful things too numerous to