|Pathologically Eclectic Rubbish Lister|
Re: Problems with CGI.pmby tachyon (Chancellor)
|on Nov 23, 2004 at 03:50 UTC||Need Help??|
Yep, I went to look if I had the Util.pm and I do.
You may have a Util.pm but according to perl you don't have one where it is supposed to be. (C:\Perl\lib\CGI\Util.pm) Perl *is* right about this, although you may possibly have a permissions problem.
So, don´t know what may be the problem.
This started happening when I replaced the CGI.pm for the new version (3.05)
In other words you have a broken install. Probably because you tried to cut and paste it, maybe for other reasons.
I suggest that the following simple steps will fix your problem. CGI.pm is CORE so its default location is C:\Perl\lib\CGI.pm with more stuff in C:\Perl\lib\CGI\*. Delete this file and directory. Your updgrade on the other hand probably got installed to C:\Perl\site\lib\CGI* so delete the file C:\Perl\site\lib\CGI.pm and directory C:\Perl\site\lib\CGI\* if they exist. If you use PPM also do ppm remove CGI which will complain about not finding stuff but will remove CGI from the install database. Now reinstall using either PPM or perl Makefile.PL && nmake && nmake test && nmake install. Do not try to cut and paste this module (and its ancillary bits). While it can be done correctly it is easy to do it wrong too.