Ok, kidding aside, why?
Since this has gone unanswered, I'll give it a shot. Here are some of my reasons for playing with Pugs (and note that this is an unordered list on purpose):
- It's a lot of fun tracking a fast-moving project
- Especially when you submit bug reports that get fixed less than 24 hours later
- The new language seems to be very nice, if the snippets of code I've written for Pugs are any indication
- It's a nice way to learn Perl 6 gradually, "just for fun"
- I have a feeling that following the development of the language and implementation will help immensely later on
- Just by finding bugs and checking in test cases, I get my name in the AUTHORS file ;-)