Hi g0n, seems to be a very useful thing ... .
As far as I understood it yet, this module helps to copy complete entries from one database to another - now I wonder if it can be used (or extended) to update a database from the changelogs of another one.
Consider this scenario:
- I have two ldap directories with different schemas
- and want to sync changes from one to another
- the "source ldapd" writes ldif files containing the changes made to the entries of it's DIT
- I want to apply the changes (and only the changes) to the target ldap-directory (doing the schema map to the entries before updating them to the target
- so that would yield a connector, reading the changelogs
with tail -f and feeding the mapped changes constantly, as a demon, to the target directory
Before I learned of your module, I've found, that Net::LDAP can read ldif, including the format for changing entries - so currently I create Net::LDAP::Entry objects with Net::LDAP::LDIF and then apply my mapping rules to them, finally updating them to the target directory.
I wonder if Your module can be used to something like that?
Did You think of such a use case?