in reply to Net::LDAP and AD
The first time I tried to push data into AD with Net:LDAP I found out that it
- has a hardlimit of 1000 returned entries and needs paging, e.g. with Net::LDAP::Control::Paged (I also guess that might be your problem)
- doesn't use utf8 for saving data (or at least the admintools can't work with utf8), and Net::LDAP v3 automatically uses utf8 with gives problems with non-ascii-chars (e.g. german umlauts). I could solve this problem with using Net::LDAP with LDAPv2.
- I found no way to query the Global Catalog with Net::LDAP (well, I didn't search too hard)
So I turned over to ADSI with pure Win32::OLE which is also easier because there exists more documentation with good examples. Disadvantage: it only runs under Win32.
Useful links for ADSI:
- Perlmonks -> ActiveDirectory
- Perlmonks -> ADSI
perl -e "s>>*F>e=>y)\*martinF)stronat)=>print,print v184.108.40.206.11.32"