in reply to Put yourself on the Monk Map
Here's my list of attempts (Sorry for not linking any URLs):
- MapBlast doesn't appearantly recognize my country
- MapQuest correctly spots me but doesn't share those numbers
- MultiMap gives everything (including the min and sec) but I need their written permission to use the information
- Heaven Above gives me something good and it doesn't say about permission. Well, they do say about "as-is", so I'm own my own.
- Cybermap CBN gives me similiar result as well, so I will start from here
But I think I miss the minute and second parts. So, I downloaded a script written by Rudif, and fed it with those numbers:Latitude: -6.616154 Longitude: 106.816305
$ monkmap -6.616154 106.816305 -6.61615 106.81630 <!-- Location:latitude=-006.36.58,longitude=1 +06.48.58-->
Well, it looks pretty nice :-) Now before I put that comment tag on my homenode, I'd like to know if it's the meat the parser that runs at 3.30 am EST is looking for, I think I still have a few hours.
Well, I wish I could upvote on jcwren for this excellent work/hack!
Open source softwares? Share and enjoy. Make profit from them if you can. Yet, share and enjoy!