|laziness, impatience, and hubris|
Re^6: chop vs chompby Moron (Curate)
|on May 11, 2007 at 16:15 UTC||Need Help??|
It is somewhat more complicated, yes:
- A can be second or third party or not,
- A can be different team first party or same team responsibility.
- A can fail just after the \n (i.e. wrote a line terminator but still broke off early!) or somewhere else in the line.
- B can have some other fault or not.
- The use of chomp() may or may not obscure such other fault in B.
Looking at the implications of different coding options:
And then of course there is the option to use neither but create a custom routine for whatever reason. Some posters have said they prefer to do that rather than deal with the minefield caused by whatever their own version of such possibilities might be -- the above is probably not a definitive list!
^M Free your mind!