|XP is just a number|
Finally a first version of my Module! Questions...by cosmicperl (Chaplain)
|on Sep 16, 2007 at 16:08 UTC||Need Help??|
cosmicperl has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I've finally got the first version of my module ready and working. Albeit only in version 0.05, and distinctly lacking in features, it works all the same!
I've got my PAUSE account setup, and have applied for the namespace. Now I just need to package the .pm file appropriately. At the moment I just have the working .pm file. Nothing else. It includes =head data, etc. But that's all I have. It doesn't use any C or XS. I know I need a README file, etc before I gzip it up and upload it.
Could someone please direct me to a good guide on packaging this for CPAN, so that I get it right and don't make any mistakes.
Update... I'd also like to ensure that this module is capable of being automatically included in ActiveStates ppm repository.
UPDATE: Thanks to all the replies. They have certainly put me on the right track, should have the module uploaded shortly.