the nodes that have helped me learn, and i keep going back to for more insight
- Code Smarter
- Location of 'use' statements
- Parsing your script's command line
- Permutations, Getopt::Long, and Pod::Usage
- The Dynamic Duo --or-- Holy Getopt::Long, Pod::UsageMan!
- Re: Blank data file - file locking
- #!/usr/bin/perl -w - use warnings; vs -w
- What Are The Rules For Subs And Modules When Fed Wrong Input
- passing subroutine arguments directly into a hash
- RE: My favorite looping mechanism in Perl is:
- •Day of week for an arbitary date using core modules
- Permutations and combinations
- •Re: Breaking output lines into N-element chunks
- Re: Tracking down "uninitialized value" errs C pre-processor in Perl - #define vs constant
- Simple text menu
- Re: cross platform scripts
- Re: A reasonable temporary password generator? - example of some CPAN password modules
- Help with the concept of closures. - closures & cool merlyn flame war. double your pleasure!
- Closures as Itterators
- Setting up signal handlers for an object with access to $self
- bitwise string operator question
- Threads vs Forking (Java vs Perl)
- faster with threads?
- Re: a question on threads
- forked map is my tribute to merlyn's •Re: Run N similar tasks in parallel
- threaded map is my tribute to BrowserUk's Re: What is the fastest way to download a bunch of web pages?
- Re: Re: Slurp a file
- Re: One Liners
- RE (tilly) 1: Find files older than x days and delete them
- Re: Proper use of flock
- del files that is 7 days or older
- Re: delete old files (windoze)
- Re: Parsing and modifying CSV files
- Schwartzian Transform
- Map Tutorial: The Basics
- How do you specify which fields to sort by when sorting an array
- Re: Poor Man's Prototyping?
- ref($proto) - just say no!
- inheritance: constructors
- Multiple inheritance with multiple contructors?
- OO Perl: calling a constructor within a class
- Re^2: Best Practices for Exception Handling - adrianh's Exception::Class example
- The fine art of database programming
- On Databases
- DBI recipes
- A brief survey of the DBI usability layer modules on the CPAN
- Re: Catching DBI (or other) errors
- Re: Accessing MS-Access memofield via DBI
- Tie::DBI vs Class::DBI
- Tree Structure and Db
- Re: Create a MS Access database programmatically in perl
- OT: MySQL performance when the problem isn't Perl
- Database input speed question
- use CGI or die;
- CGI.pm Disillusionment
- Web Month Calendar
- Cache Output HTML ( expiring HTML )
- When Does FatalsToBrowser Not Send Fatals To Browser?
- Web presentation patterns, MVC, and reinventing the wheel
- Cookie Maker
- Re: Code review, good 'ol CGI.
- Best way to parse CGI params
- the perlmonks website sessions... - read js discussion
- ASP PerlScript equivalent for use CGI::Carp qw(fatalsToBrowser);
- CGI versus CGI::* modules
- Spaced Out
- •Re: http client - security
- Two-Way Password Encryption - webpage login discussions
- •Re: newbie quest for Image::Grab - merlyn's example of LWP::Simple mirror
- Anti-Spam Mail Address Encoding (with encrypted IP-Address)
- Securing your SOAP Application
- Using Win32::OLE and Excel - Tips and Tricks
- Win32 development
- Master of your Environment (NT) - regedit and Win32::AdminMisc
- Re: (Get text of Word Document)going through a Win32 MSWORD doc
- Getting a list of all running apps/processes in Win32 then shutting down a given process
- (Not Quite Perl) Running Scripts from Right-Click Context Menu in Windows
- J2EE is too complicated - why not Perl?
- Perl and C++/STL
- A better mod (%) operator?
- Second rate programmers and my confession
- Perl - Is it an OO Language
- (OT) The Schwartzian Transform in Java
- A Cat's eye view of OO - the why behind cargo cult progamming
- Text::xSV - when is reinventing the wheel not reinventing the wheel
- Re: Perl Success Stories
- Death to Dot Star!
- Bottom-Up Data Mining with Perl
- Essential Perl Modules
- Turning a script into a module
- Favourite modules April 2003
- module wish list for perl v5.6.1
- (Ovid - how to find odd answers) Re: how to make a password dissapear?
- Data::Dumper in a nutshell?
- A Guide to Installing Modules
Make a perl script self aware...
Documentation for POE?
Statement Modifiers, Whaa?
For users of ActiveState Perl, this may someday save you some grief!
Has anyone compared Cygwin Perl to AS Perl?
Coping With Scoping
my our local
Neato stuff sticky fingered from other monk(ey)s...
i remember my first experience with perl.
programming for finance burned me out and i was looking for something interesting. it was 1998 and silicon alley was seducing anyone/everyone with pipe dreams of stock options. they had windows... isapi... and vb script... and other tools of mass destruction... but i chanced upon some .asp scripts that had embedded perl. something about the -> operator jumped out at my C++ heritage. and the love afair began.
well, fads come and go. so went the dot coms. and so went i, back to finance.
but there is still love.