This is the fourth episode, and after Diary of a Zydeco experiment - E03 - Errors for fun and success, I came back here to deliver some news. The project is not progressing much since I had to move recently and have to renovate a house. I never spent so much time away from my machine (how sad).
Anyway I am seriously thinking about changing the namespace for the Art::World project and move it to the Acme:: namespace... This thing looks more and more like an experiment that will surely never be used by anybody except me and I see it humbly as an artwork by itself, but I guess it will be the final project. It's not like people would start to use it as a dependency. Or maybe only for showing examples of my bad coding practices.
Since September 22nd, a small amount of tasks have been started:
- switched the project to only one large module, trying to make it the Zydeco way,
- moved the ideology documentation to a separate pod
- added Underground, Space and Market roles
- Nested playground and Place classes
- Added Event, Opening, Sex, Collective, Magazine, Institution, Squat, Workshop, Website, Critic, Article, and Book classes
- Applied Collector type constraints on class Artist and role Collectionable
- Removed the Wildlife class since it is redundant with Art::World Agent
- tobyink suggested the removal of duplicated attributes in nested classes
- added a Fame role and moved the Agent reputation there
- forced the Collector->collection to be composed of Artwork(s)
- listed contributors of the project
- created various Collector methods like sale() or acquire()
- tried to use Type::Tiny more efficiently and upgrading to its last version that offered non quoted types constraints for attributes (see RT #133448)
- adding a Makefile
- introduced Conf::Tiny
- added a minimal Meta toolkit
- limited Perl version to > 5.24.0
- Event is now a Role, not a Class because we do composition, not multiple inheritance
- enabling the postderef feature everywhere because we are so MODERN
Finally, it was quite a lot... Cant wait to rename to Acme::Art::World
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||