- $color_hash magically appears in your random_color() example usage, and you give no indication of where it comes from (it's not a parameter to your example sub) or what it should look like (other than an arbitrary "hash(ref) of arrays")
- It takes multiple readings of the POD for me to guess that the data, keys, by keys, ... under the random() function refer to string values of the $color_key argument. Make sure you put quotes around each of the strings, but not around the undef.
- For tiny_rand(), you might want to mention "a coin flip", and give an example, like tiny_rand("HEADS", "TAILS");. The name is not helpful; maybe rename (or alias) to random_from_two()
- For instant_rand(), give an example, like instant_rand("HEADS", "TAILS", "EDGE", "EMBED IN CEILING");. Maybe rename (or alias) to random_from_list().
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||