This area seems far underused, but I need to cleanse my sins, really. My faults:
- I have been an XP whore
- I make sure to post detailed information that I may not completely understand
- I've used up all my votes in order to gain experience, although I voted on worthy posts
- I posted a reply to a CUFP that showed a faster, simpler, untested method of doing the same thing, with the simple comment "Untested."
- I was trying to show off my skill, when I realised that hundreds of monks knew the same thing better than I; it was humbling
- This one has been on my conscience for a few days
- I have been neglecting reading the site, and have been unable to make valid contributions to help better my fellow monks
I feel better, having got that out. I'm sorry, all! Please forgive.
Who will not mercie unto others show, How can he mercie ever hope to have?
~Edmund Spenser in The Faerie Queene (bk. VI, canto I, st. 42)
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.