Confession is good for the soul. If you have anything you would like to confess, feel free to reply. You may do so anonymously. In fact, if you want to say, "I've been downvoting posts by that one monk
because I think he misses the point", you're probably better off being anonymous.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned. It's been quite a while since my last confession, especially since this isn't a regular monastery of the confessional variety.
Here is a list of my trespasses:
- I withheld positive votes from worthy posts by fellow monks when we were competing for top honors.
- I teased another monk in the chatterbox.
- I secretly considered adding a backdoor to give me more XP.
- I upvoted a monk based on his username, though he did make good posts.
- I used up all of my votes to gain XP rather than to promote good posts.
- I have not been going through Worst Nodes to rescue unfairly-downvoted posts recently.
- I criticized an article about Perl for perceived wrongs instead of reading the rest in context.
- I posted about the snake language to see if people would upvote it. Only a couple of people fell for it.
- I had a chatterbox submit form on my home node for a while, and I also played with layers to get an extra image.
For penance, I will figure something out. Maybe I'll write 'Hail, Kudra' ten times.
Seriously, if you have something to admit, something you've done that wasn't good for PM in general, this is the place. No grudges here.
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.