These posts pointed me in the write direction. Hopefully, this clarification can help someone else fix this same problem.
To install DateTime on Mac
- read the original post from Perrmoss and the reply by Corion for background info
- sudo CPAN
- go through configuration (if needed) press enter for most options except:
- choose "follow" for the prerequisite policy (instead of ask)
- personally, I made the recommended/common choices to some of the options (like UNINST=1)
Now here's the key:
- Try to install DateTime. Every time you see an error, install the package that's missing by:
- Looking for text along the lines of
Can't locate Params/Validate.pm in @INC (@INC
Can't locate DateTime/Locale.pm in @INC (@INC
- Take the "Params/Validate.pm" part and convert it to
- and run the corresponding command in CPAN:
For me to get the DateTime module to install I had to run the following, first:
Keep following that pattern and you'll get it installed, finally!!!
Posts are HTML formatted. Put <p> </p> tags around your paragraphs. Put <code> </code> tags around your code and data!
Titles consisting of a single word are discouraged, and in most cases are disallowed outright.
Read Where should I post X? if you're not absolutely sure you're posting in the right place.
Please read these before you post! —
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags:
You may need to use entities for some characters, as follows. (Exception: Within code tags, you can put the characters literally.)
- a, abbr, b, big, blockquote, br, caption, center, col, colgroup, dd, del, div, dl, dt, em, font, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, ins, li, ol, p, pre, readmore, small, span, spoiler, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, wbr
Link using PerlMonks shortcuts! What shortcuts can I use for linking?
See Writeup Formatting Tips and other pages linked from there for more info.
| & || & |
| < || < |
| > || > |
| [ || [ |
| ] || ] ||