2. Should I declare @lines after opening the files then? Should I declare $ave in my average function?
3. I'm using -e to check and see if the file even exists before attempting to open and read from it.
4. I have not used lexical file handles before, are they used similarly to how file handles are used normally?
5. I was attempting to put all my data into an array so my functions would read it and work accordingly.
6. Experiment, meant to change it back to (<FIN>)
7. Experiment again, was originally @lines.