How do I create a Poll?
Here are the steps:
- Read all of the Past Polls and all of the poll ideas quests (see list below) — to ensure that you're not duplicating a past poll or poll idea, and to see what ideas have worked in the past and which haven't. You can also try to search all past poll and poll idea quest threads using Super Search by selecting the Quest and Poll type checkboxes (almost all threads of the Quest types are poll idea quests).
- Draft the complete wording of your poll. No one will do it for you. Polls have the following pieces:
- Question/topic - this becomes the node title and so cannot include links or html
- Prologue paragraph (optional)
- One or more choices
- Post a new note in the latest poll quest thread, containing your suggested poll.
- Send a message to the pollsters (/msg [pollsters]) pointing them at your new note in the latest poll quest thread.
- Go on about your life as if nothing has happened.
People can upvote and downvote polls. This will provide feedback that should make the polls more likely to be of the type most appreciated by the voting monk population. And if you submit a very good poll suggestion, then the pollsters may make the poll owned by you, so that you get any XP reward.
It must be stressed that the polling booth is for amusement only, and should not be taken seriously.
List of Poll quests
Back to PerlMonks FAQ