I mentioned this module in a posting
a couple of weeks ago, and
several people expressed interest, so I thought I would make a
small announcement. Hope that's not frowned upon. :)
Crypt::OpenPGP is a pure-Perl implementation of the OpenPGP standard. In addition to support for the standard itself, Crypt::OpenPGP claims compatibility with many other PGP implementations, both those that support the standard and those that preceded it.
Crypt::OpenPGP provides digital signing/verification, encryption/decryption, keyring management, and key-pair generation.
- Full compatibility with other PGP implementations: PGP2, PGP5, GnuPG.
Offers a 'Compat' flag when encrypting and signing data that automatically
chooses the correct encryption cipher, digest algorithm etc. for various
other PGP implementations.
- Encryption/decryption, signing/verification, key generation.
- Symmetric cipher support: IDEA, 3DES, Blowfish, Twofish, Rijndael
(128, 192, and 256 bit keys).
- Public key support: RSA and DSA for signing/verification, RSA and
ElGamal for encryption.
- Digest algorithms: MD5, SHA-1, RIPE-MD/160.
- Supports packet compression (ZIP and Zlib).
More information: http://rhumba.pair.com/ben/perl/openpgp/