Meta? Did someone mention metahumour?
- I’ve never meta-joke I didn’t like.1
- A priest, a rabbi and a leprechaun walk into a bar. The leprechaun looks around and says, “Saints preserve us! I’m in the wrong joke!” 1
- “The sources of quotes found on the internet are not always reliable.” — Abraham Lincoln.3; cf. 2
- Condemn ambiguity and other stuff.3
- Today’s Horoscope: “You are easily influenced by what you read and have the ability to make vague sentences somehow applicable to your own existence.” 1
- There are three things an engineer has to master: 1. Estimation 3. Interpolation.3
- To Joanna:
My brilliant and beautiful wife without whom I would be nothing. She always comforts and consoles, never complains or interferes, asks nothing and endures all, and writes my dedications.
— A.P. Malvino, Electronic Principles (1993)2,4
- xkcd: Hofstadter
- And now, Google for recursion (“Did you mean ...”)
2SELF-REFERENCE JOKES: A COLLECTION
3Quora: What is the most self-referential joke ever?
4Tal Cohen’s Bookshelf: Book In-Jokes