ido50 has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
I got two for you wizzies:
1. I've written this cgi perl program. It worked great and everything. I made several changes, all of which valid. I've uploaded the program with the new changes, and suddenly it stopped working, giving me (with cgi::carp and fatalstobrowser) this error: Execution of /path-to/downloads.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
The debugger gives no errors nor warnings. The script is chmoded 755 and the perl path is correct. I've uploaded the script to 2 of the other servers my site uses and it works there. What might cause such a problem?!
2. I've written another script. This one is kinda simple Photo Album script. It's still under developement. Anyway I haven't used CGI.pm's functions and object's with it so I decided to go through all the script and change it to use CGI.pm's object capabilities. I haven't used CGI.pm's HTML shortcuts cause they really confuse me (The same goes to why I don't use strict). I use CGI::Carp with fatalsToBrowser to catch error message. Perl path is correct, script is chmoded 755, no error messages nor warning using perl debugger. Before changes, the script worked, now I don't even get the CGI::Carp error messages, just that darned 500 error message. If anyone can please check and tell me what might cause this, I will be very gratefull. I've put it on a text file here: http://www.bnei-yehoda.co.il/coranto/picturecg.txt
Thanks again guys