You're right (of course). The program that I'm working on calls 3 custom modules. The two heavy-lifters use XML::Twig, but under certain conditions they call a third that uses XML::Simple to parse output from a short SOAP message. I didn't realize it at the time, but the method that threw the error described in the OP was from the third rather than the one of the first two.

I'll update the OP with the correction. Thanks for the poke - I made a faulty assumption.


In reply to Re^2: Redefining a method in XML::SAX::PurePerl by bobf
in thread Redefining a method in XML::SAX::PurePerl by bobf

Title:
Use:  <p> text here (a paragraph) </p>
and:  <code> code here </code>
to format your post; it's "PerlMonks-approved HTML":