in reply to Re^3: Using filepath method to identify an .html page
in thread Using filepath method to identify an .html page
Now that iam thinking of it more and more, i don't have to turn the 'path' back to a 'number'
So, what i want is a function foo() that does this:
foo( "some long string" ) --> 1234
1. User requests a specific html page( .htaccess gives my script the absolute path for that .html page)
2. turn the 'path' to 4-digit number and store it to tha database as 'pin' (how?)
3. i store that number to the database. I DONT EVEN HAVE TO STORE THE HTML PAGE'S PATH TO THE DATABASE ANYMORE!!! this is just great!
At some later time i want to check the weblog of that .html page
1. request the page as: http://mydomain.gr/index.html?show=log
2. .htaccess gives my script the absolute path of the requested .html file
3. turn the 'path' to 4-digit number (this is what i'am asking)
4. use 'pin' variable to select all log records for that specific .html page (based on the 'pin' column)
Since i have the requested 'path' which has been converted to a database stored 4-digit number, i'am aware for which page i'am requesting detailed data from, so i look upon the 'pin' column in the database and thus i know which records i want to select. NO NEED to store absolute apths anymore, just a 4-digit number for each .html page
No need, to turn the number back to a path anymore, just the path to a number, to identify the specific .html page
Does your solution which SEEMS GREAT APPLY to my specifications?