The following blatherings have been on my homenode a while, for lack of a better place to put them. This thread looks like a good home. 8^P
striving toward Perl Adept
(it's pronounced "why-bick")
Diary of a frustrated !(AS|PPM) Perl install on Win2k
- Retrieve and install Siemens' precompiled 5.00503 binary for win32.
- Edit d:\perl\5.00503\lib\MSWin32-x86\Config.pm to reflect installed drive letter if not default "C" (thanks to OeufMayo, Yohimbe)
- Retrieve and install pmake.
- perl Makefile.PL
- perl -I. pmake
- perl -Mblib pmake test
- perl -Mblib pmake install
- Copy Make.pm to d:\perl\site\500503\lib\
- Install pure-Perl CPAN modules.
- perl Makefile.PL
- pmake.bat test
- pmake.bat install
- Tie::IxHash - succeed
- Net::Telnet - succeed
- Term::ReadKey - <font size="-1">fail
- Net::Telnet::Cisco - fail
- Keep digging - shouldn't have to manually copy .pm files to d:\perl\site\500503\lib\ ?!
- Continue pondering free(beer|speech) compilers for modules containing C/C++.
- from crazyinsomniac, but I've not got this far:
- MM_Win32 UNINSTALL= $(Perl)... line doesn't appear to be valid perl syntaxt...
- The \"\" stuff and also multiple -e switches...
- Replace the \"\" with qq()...
- Make needs the \ at the end of the line...
- Give up. Install ActivePerl instead.
- Try again later. Maybe. If I get bored and ambitious
Resources for compiling Perl from source on Win32.
Are you posting in the right place? Check out Where do I post X? to know for sure.
Posts may use any of the Perl Monks Approved HTML tags. Currently these include the following:
<code> <a> <b> <big>
<blockquote> <br /> <dd>
<dl> <dt> <em> <font>
<h1> <h2> <h3> <h4>
<h5> <h6> <hr /> <i>
<li> <nbsp> <ol> <p>
<small> <strike> <strong>
<sub> <sup> <table>
<td> <th> <tr> <tt>
Snippets of code should be wrapped in
<code> tags not
<pre> tags. In fact, <pre>
tags should generally be avoided. If they must
be used, extreme care should be
taken to ensure that their contents do not
have long lines (<70 chars), in order to prevent
horizontal scrolling (and possible janitor
Want more info? How to link or
or How to display code and escape characters
are good places to start.