osfameron has asked for the wisdom of the Perl Monks concerning the following question:
The Edit with Microsoft Word for Windows 97 option will happily open all of the document... except for any information that happens to be contained in a frame. ;->
I thought that a simple way to resolve this might be to:
- Get the master document (using LWP::Simple?)
- Analyse it with HTML::Parser
- Get the text of all the documents referred to by the frames.
- Spit out the HTML, but with <table> tags instead of <frame> tags.
- Inside the table tags, we'd add the subdocuments (with the surrounding <html><head><body> tags removed.
btw: I'm perfectly aware that the above solution might break navigational elements/links etc., but for the purpose at hand all we want is a visual document that can be edited in Word, not a functional web-page.