in reply to Garbage collection at subroutine return
*sigh* What constraints on optimization to you have?
- More CPUs/bigger hardware
- Client Server (Message to other machine that runs program that performs operations on a bigger box.)
- Dropping to C for intensive operations. (Using XS to wrap the C into a callable perl function.)
- Optimizing assignments (Only assign a value when necessary.)
- Optimize loop size (Only loop the number of times necessary.)
Any and all of these are possible ways to optimize your program. Which ones are possible in your environment?
Hazah! I'm Employed!