in reply to Splitting program into modules
my main goal is to document code, understand it's flow and based on that create another functionality
I've kept a list of PM nodes over the years related to this topic.
- Swallowing an elephant in 10 easy steps by ELISHEVA (Describes how she tackles big problems to keep moving forward rather than going around in circles)
- Strategies for maintenance of horrible code?
- Perl archeology: Need help in refactoring of old Perl code that does not use strict
- Moving from scripting to programming
- Code Structure Changes
- Object-oriented Reengineering Patterns book now available as a free download
- Nobody Expects the Agile Imposition (Part VI): Architecture (discusses refactoring vs rewriting of very large code bases)
- The Boy Scout Rule (apply the Boy Scout rule of "leave the campground cleaner than when you found it" to your code)
Adding Tests to Legacy Code