||Mar 24, 2000 at 00:38 UTC
(22 years ago)
||Jun 29, 2021 at 19:11 UTC
(1 year ago)
|Location:||Somerville, MA, USA|
Aug 10, 2022 at 16:49 -06
|For this user:||Search nodes|
Falkkin is really Colin McMillen.
I live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where I'm a computer science Ph.D. student at Carnegie Mellon University. I was introduced to Perl as an impressionable youth -- from a simply horrible book on CGI programming -- and have been reforming ever since. It's been a while since I've been a regular here; I haven't really been using Perl as much as I once did.
My poems (newest first):
An assortment of other nifty perl poems:
Perl Haiku, by Nimster
Suessified Perl Poem, by KM
Tonight's Dilemma, by rlk
Variation on a Shifting themes, by alakaboo
And, finally, a song, by Petruchio:
I just want to siiiing!
Chatterbox Quote(s) of Note:
- <arturo> security through incompetence... there's a neat idea.
- <merlyn> ALL YOUR NUMBER BASE ARE BELONG TO US
- <Petruchio> I'm sorry, the word "off" already appears in the source code for my home node, which means I've already licensed it. It's protected under my EULA.
- <tilly> The American Kestral is the smallest raptor in North America.
<Falkkin> actually, i might be smaller, due to compression after hitting that tree at ~200 mph
<Petruchio> gunzip Falkkin
<Falkkin> Falkkin: not in gzip format
<Falkkin> Unfortunately, I'm afraid that hitting a tree at ~200 MPH is not a lossless form of compression.
<Petruchio> cat < Falkkin
<tye> Useless use of < at Petruchio, line 1
- <jeffa> mmmm... grape nuts
<notsoevil> Grape Nuts taste like dirt ..
<jeffa> not just dirt, dirt that tastes like grape nuts