|Just another Perl shrine|
Re^3: Error trying to Run Perl script on IIS Server 8.5by perlron (Pilgrim)
|on Oct 29, 2014 at 12:16 UTC||Need Help??|
I assume this is your first CGI program.
1.Try to isolate the problem you are facing by removing the other html tags.
2. Run the program from the command line and see if it works.
3. One common error is forgetting to make the file executable.
4. If you have a log file on your IIS you might find more info there.
5. Since you are returning the Content type as text/html , the headers will be properly constructed and sent back to the client by the webserver, provided, your exec Cgi environment is setup correctly. This means you dont have to write <html> </html>like tags for this.
6. If you suspect a problem with your IIS server setup place an ordinary HTML file in the root directory and see if it is accessible from the browser.
7. Also the first line of your OP code shows the path as #!/usr/bin/perl.
The temporal difficulty with perl is u need to know C well to know its awesome.else u just keep *using* it and writing inefficient code