in reply to poll ideas quest 2020
If languages were movie genres, perl would be:
- Fantasy, why is this even a question?
- Historical. Because it's so
- Horror. I mean, there's goto, map in void context, regexes to parse nested data ... *fear*
- Zombies. You should be careful what you autovivify
- Romance. Watch as the oddest of combinations actually work better than you'd expect.
- Mystery. Trying to answer this age-old question: "Wait... how does this even work?"
- Adult. Looking at you, perlsecret operators.
- Drama. Here's what happens when you give people more rope to shoot themselves in the foot.
- Comedy. But it only works in the right context.